My sewing machine has been humming along as I continue to make string blocks. I am using all colours of strings in my blocks but I am tending to use more of the medium tones.
I have made a total of 3 batches of string blocks that I have already cut into squares using my Studio cutter. I didn't count how many squares I got from the first batch but I did from the second and third. My string blocks are pieced on 8" papers and I made 17 in the second batch and 20 in the third.
I find that the whole process works much better for me if I remove the papers and give the blocks a spritz of starch before pressing. On more than one occasion I have stitched my seams a bit too narrow because my strings are not all straight. If I remove the papers first I have an opportunity to check for wayward seams and I can fix them prior to cutting the blocks to size.