I'm still distracted by the hexagons that I received from my sister Cheryl. 😊 I wasn't sure which fabrics I would use for the connector triangles but after I made the second test block I knew I liked the blue. It turned out to be a good option because none of the hexies are blue and there would be some contrast. I also decided that scrappy would be the way to go.
I was able to raid my 3.5" strip bin for a variety of blue fabrics. Some of these fabrics are oldies - I don't use 3.5" strips very often and you can tell that a lot of the strips had been in the bin a long time. There are plenty of hairy strings hanging off the triangles that I cut. lol
|Aligning the triangle for sewing was a breeze!|
I started sewing one triangle onto each hexagon and after I was done I thought I had cut way too many triangles. Reality set in when I tried to layout out more than two blocks together. Oops...I needed to add another triangle opposite the first. I honestly don't know what I was thinking.
By the time I had finished sewing all of the triangles onto the hexies I only had a couple extra triangles left. 😁