Luckily for me, I received these hexies from my quilty sister Cheryl after she had tried to put them together into a quilt that she couldn't make work for her. I think I made them work pretty well for me. 😉
One thing I would do next time is that I would trim off the dog ears from the triangles after sewing them to the hexagons. It would be more efficient and easier to sew everything together if they are out of the way.
This flimsy finished at 65" x 80". I am not sure if I am going to keep the edges as they are or if I want them trimmed straight. I will quilt it like this and then decide if I want to trim them later.
One other thing I have decided is that I am going to return these hexies to my sister instead of donating the quilt. I am sure my sister will love to have this quilt to snuggle under.😀 I know I will make many, many other quilts that I will donate to charity.