I have made some progress in my quest to move my latest string quilt into the flimsy stage. In my last post I wrote that I was debating about using some of the neutral strings that I had already sewn together and that were waiting to be used in quilts. In the end I decided that the math just wouldn't work out and I would have a lot of waste.
So, I have been making string blocks. :) I am making these strings to finish at 4" so I am using paper foundations that are 9" x 4.5" and some singles that are 4.5" square. Making the smaller blocks allows for more variety in the strings as well as using up lots of smaller pieces.