Saturday, November 16, 2019
It took a bit of time but I think I have figured out what was bothering me about the Double Aster Variation block and it wasn't just the distracting Friendship Star that formed in the center of the block. I think it was just too busy in the center with all of the hsts. I guess I have changed the block design completely because I have decided to use a nine patch in the center instead. I think it looks much more serene and I do like it better.
Here are my first two test blocks together. Both blocks are going to be made as controlled scrappy so the colours in the blocks will be similar to what is shown here but I will definitely be mixing up the fabrics.