Even though I have been spending time working on my rail fence quilt and the postage stamp quilt I am still making some time to continue making these blocks.
See that dark pink and black block? I knew when I saw it that it would be a troublemaker for me and I was right. The first time I sewed the sections together I ended up a d-cup block. Seriously, I should have taken a picture but I just wanted to take it apart as quick as I could. On one half of the block I had inadvertently switched the orientation of the black patches when I was adding the pink patches to them. Nothing that a seam ripper couldn't fix but it was a pain in the .....! In the end I think it turned out pretty well and I am quite happy with my blocks.
I decided to take a photo of the 4 sets of blocks that I have completed so far. I think they look great together and it got me to thinking about which fabrics I should use for the sashing. I have already decided on the cornerstone blocks and I have a couple options in mind for the sashing.
I haven't made a final decision yet but after seeing Carla's blocks all set together with the sashing and cornerstones I want to start putting mine together even though there are still many more blocks to make. If I can't settle on either of these two fabrics I do have other fabric options available. Maybe the problem is that I have too many options - if I only had one fabric that is one I would use. ;) The red cornerstone fabric is actually darker in real life.