Thursday, August 29, 2019
Time to Tidy Up!
The room was quite messy to begin with but over the last couple months a lot of stuff had migrated in there that really did not belong. Why does that happen????
There was an awful lot of clearing up required and I still have more to do but the important thing is that the space is now usable. I have been sorting through papers, miscellaneous quilting 'stuff', ironing and folding fabric and moving furniture in and out. It is still far from perfect but it is much better than when I started.
As part of the clean up, I have also been plugging away at reducing an unbelievably huge pile of scraps that needed to get gone and I have made pretty good progress. I pulled out my Go die cutter and I cut a stack of 2" squares, 2.5" squares and hsts and then when I got bored with that I cut lots of 2", 1.5" and 1" strips using a single combination strip die. At this point quick and easy is good!
My strip bins in the 2" and 2.5" sizes are so full that they are overflowing and I can just barely close the drawers that contain them so I just threw all of the newly cut strips into my string bins. They are pretty full too but they don't have lids so the ceiling is the limit...lol.
After working in there for the past couple days I started getting tempted by my crumb bins so I made several 2.5" x 8.5" strips and it felt really good. :)