Monday, February 25, 2019
That Burning Smell :(
It came in its own little travel case and it still has the original receipt with it. It was purchased from Canadian Tire on February 22, 1986 for $ 21.95. That makes it 33 years old and it still looks really good.
I have been using this iron as my pressing iron when I am piecing and it has worked great. It is just the perfect size and weight and has a flat sole plate which is really perfect for pressing small pieces like hsts. The other day while I was working away I started smelling something burning. It was a strong plastic burning odour so I thought I had better stop using it and see about getting it repaired.
Luckily for me, the repair shop is very close by because my husband is an electrical engineer and he knows just what to do. :)
When he took it apart he saw that there was a wire loose and it had caused it to overheat and it 'messed things up' of course those are my technical terms. :) He had to get some parts from his parts bins to fix it - lol. Doesn't everyone with a serious hobby or skill have parts bins? As scrap quilters we all know about parts bins don't we. ;)
Anyway, he did his magic and - voila - I had a fixed iron and I am a happy girl!