|I like this design :)|
The other morning I woke up at 3 am and I couldn't fall back asleep. I got up so I wouldn't disturb my husband and spent some time lounging on the couch trying to doze off. No luck - my mind was going a mile-a-minute working out some quilting design ideas. I finally gave in and got up and started playing around with some doodling on paper. I came up with a design that would suit each split nine-patch block and I really liked it. I thought it would be the one I would use on the quilt. Whew...problem solved so I could finally get some rest.
Not so fast - I tried to doze off on the couch again but the design just wasn't finished with me. I kept seeing those squares in the quilt top. Not the actual blocks but the design that was formed when the blocks were joined together and I knew I needed to modify the quilting design a bit so that these 'blocks' were the focus. So, I went back to my doodles and drawings and I made a modification to the block design I had created.
|version 1 on top - version 2 on bottom|
|Lookin' good :)|