Sunday, November 26, 2017

En Provence is Finished

stitching binding
I did a lot of this over the past little bit of time and while I did I took a lot of time just admiring my quilt. As a matter of fact, I have stitched a total of 340" of binding and it has been time well spent both in quilt admiration and hand stitching! En Provence is completely finished including attaching my label and I couldn't be happier with this quilt. One of my favourite parts of this quilt is the scrappy neutral border that frames the quilt - love it. :)
I couldn't quite fit all of it into the photo :)
This is Bonnie Hunter's 2016 mystery quilt but I didn't start it until September of this year. It wasn't good timing for me to participate during the quilt along so I saved the instructions as they were released. I wanted to work on it during my Guild retreat at Killbear Provincial Park so I did all of the prep cutting that I could beforehand. I got a good start on sewing block parts together while I was there but, honestly, Bonnie Hunter quilts really do take time to piece together as they usually have lots of pieces!

My quilt finished at 85" square and I quilted it using Glide thread in a purple colour called Tabriz Orchid. I used magnaglide in cream in the bobbin and Tuscany 80/20 cotton/wool for the batting. I used a panto called Jessie's Swirls Simplified by Jessica Schick and I think it looks great on this quilt.

I am linking up over at Kathy's Quilts for - Slow Sunday Stitching.


2 comments:

AnnieO said...

You made a very complicated quilt in a very short amount of time! It looks great. Yes, Bonnie loves lots of pieces and units in her quilts. The new mystery should be the same way :)

Bente Antonsen said...

Your En provence is wonderful. Great work !