Yesterday, when I was working on adding the blue border I wasn't feeling very confident about my choice. I took photos of different options and sent them to my sister Cheryl. We talked on the phone and she totally reassured me that the blue I had originally chosen would look just fine. She was right!
I needed to cut the blue coping border to size in order to make the hst border fit and I had another delay. I really need some coping skills. ;) I actually did just fine on the first try but it took me quite a bit of time to gain the confidence to cut the strips and sew them on. I had calculated the sizes the day before and I was good until I rechecked my measurements yesterday. For some reason, unknown to me, I was coming up with different numbers. I guess we can call it brain fog because I decided to go with the original calculations and everything fit perfectly.
After all that second guessing and putzing around I ran out of time to finish adding the rest of the borders simple as they are. I did get the strips cut before I went to bed though and this morning I sewed them on.
I have totally enjoyed the process of turning those simple 12 blocks into a top and I can't wait to do the quilting and turn it into a quilt that will be enjoyed!