I wasn't too sure how these blocks would look surrounded with the black/white prints but I am pleasantly surprised - they remind me of Liquorice All Sorts candy. :)
It took me about 1.5 hours but it was a fun little challenge for me. The only real problem I encountered was that I was a little over exuberant in my fabric selection and cutting and without paying attention I prepared enough for 10 blocks instead of the 8 I needed. I'll keep the extra parts together with the blocks because at this point I don't really know how many I will need. Even though I worked on Friday, I had hoped to finish up these blocks but I didn't get too much done before I ran out of steam. When I woke up this morning I stitched them up right away.
|Eight more blocks finished|
This block doesn't look difficult to make and it really isn't but I seem to get a bit bogged down with them. The biggest time consumer is finding the same scrappy strips in 2" and 3,5" so I took the suggestion from last week's comments to just cut whatever I needed from my larger scrappy pieces. I have plenty of chunks of fabric that are smaller than a fat quarter in my stash and using them would make things a lot easier and quicker too!
|All of the brown blocks together. Tricky little devils....|
I see that the block in upper right is oriented incorrectly!