Monday was another fun but tiring day and there was even a little bit of upset. I quilted this beautiful quilt for my sister and it mostly turned out fabulous. Cheryl really loved the Boy's Britches quilt that I am making so much that she decided to design a similar one that would be a lot easier to put together. I think she did a fabulous job and it is really wonderful. She has called it Little Boy's Bloomers.
This quilt is huge...it is 87" x 96" and I quilted it with a brown thread and star burst pantograph and it seemed to be going very well until very close to the end. All of a sudden we heard this really horrible, very loud noise and we realized the needle had broken. When the needle broke it damaged the quilt back and put a small hole in the front. It really did upset me that this happened even though I had no control over it.
|Damage to the back|
With Cheryl's help I also made the backing for my sister Kathlene's quilt and I made it into a monster. It is really way too large and I have no idea why I did that. I will trim it down when I square it up later this morning.
The chef at the mini retreat is already running out of enthusiasm and he only made us a salad for dinner and said we were lucky he made us anything!