Kathlene's quilt is nearly done and I am just so excited about it! This is what it looked like when I took it off the frame. I tried to get a good picture of the quilting but I just can't seem to do it very well.
I did learn a few more techniques while working on the quilting - such as how to handle the side edges of the quilt while stitching a pantograph. Those side edges can really cause trouble when you stitch off the edge and then try to get back on again. I think I have that all worked out now - thank goodness. It would be really good if I could apprentice with someone that has a long arm and that would be willing to teach me and share their knowledge and experience.
I have made the binding and attached it by machine to the front and I have started stitching it by hand to the back. This quilt is huge...I took a photo of it hanging from the dining room table as I was trimming it after the quilting was finished...it is just so pretty! I thought I had a name for this quilt but now I am not so sure about it - I really do need to figure that out soon!!