Tuesday, October 8, 2013
Kathlene's quilt has made it to the flimsy stage and I love it! I worked on adding the borders yesterday and I only needed to add the last top and bottom border this morning. I sewed them on but didn't look at the stitching until I was pressing it. I happened to flip the quilt over a bit when I was pressing and I saw that my stitching on the bobbin side was terrible.
I took the quilt back to the machine and checked everything over and found that the upper thread was wrapped around the needle threader. When I used the machine this morning I had to rethread it before I could start and I guess I just got the thread caught where it shouldn't have been. It was no problem to just run the top through the machine and resew the seams.
I still need to piece the backing fabric and then this baby will be ready for quilting. I have already cut the binding and just have to piece the strips together.
I don't have a name for this quilt yet - I hope something comes to me soon.