I really enjoyed making this block. I stayed close to the suggested colour scheme and I am pleased with the way it turned out.
I did have a wee bit of unsewing to take care of because I was not careful when I sewed the two center half blocks together and I did not align the sashing at all. I just needed to rip out one small line of sewing and then stitch it back together with a bit more care.
This block used regular piecing for the inner sections and then paper-piecing for the outer edges. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but, somehow I managed to make one white section too short and a blue cornerstone too long.