Today was the first day that I have been able to find time to sew all week and boy oh boy did it ever feel good to get into my sewing room. I worked on the scrappy pink Project Linus quilt and I sewed the 9-patches into groups of 4 and added white sashing all around. I want it to be big enough to be considered a "child's quilt" rather than a "toddler quilt" and in order to do that it needs to be at least 60" long. It isn't quite that long - only 56" so far so I need to add another little border. I have decided to just use some of the extra 2.5" squares to make up the difference. I do think it will be really cute when it is all done and it is a great way to use up a lot of scrappy bits.
Things have changed a little bit this past week - I have started working part-time. I don't know what came over me but in December in the spur of the moment I contacted a former employer to see if he needed anyone on a part-time basis and he said he would contact me in January. Well January came and went and I didn't hear anything so I thought that was it but recently things did start happening and I started working last Monday. I had already had a very heavily scheduled week planned including an overnight trip visiting with one of my sisters, a couple day trips to Toronto, add in spending time researching and buying a vehicle and working at the new job meant that I had no time left for sewing or anything else for that matter! I am hoping that things will settle down quickly and I will be able to get back to my sewing routine - I had so many goals set for this month that I was not able to achieve - c'est la vie!