I did it - I got it done! I love the fabric I have chosen to use for this little block. It is a reddish orange and from a distance the motifs make me think of flames and embers - perfect for Cathie's Campfire. I finished sewing this block last night but after having a look at it I was not impressed at all. I can forgive many different transgressions when it comes to piecing these blocks - I am not perfect and neither are my blocks - but...this one had a hole where a group of seams came together and that is not acceptable ever.
|Yikes - very bad sewing job!|
This morning, I undid the last two seams where I had sewn the sub-units together and resewed them and I think I did do a little better job of aligning things together.
When I first started this project I thought that I would follow the design of the original Dear Jane quilt and use similar colours and layout. Yesterday, I was thinking about my Dear Jane journey and decided that I really do want it to be my Dear Jane quilt so now I am going to use whatever fabrics/colours/placement that I want to.
There is a big change in the weather today. It is a little cooler, darker and dreary with rain. Kind of the way I have been feeling the last little while. I am still not feeling great and I am beginning to think that I actually have food poisoning and not a virus.