Sunday, October 13, 2019

First Block

I have been working on this quilt like a mad woman - I just can't seem to leave it alone. After sewing and cutting so much fabric I wanted to make a test block to see how things would look. I started sewing some of the 1.5" strips together to make the block and I discovered a major problem.

As I was handling and manipulating the strips to fit and sew together I noticed that some of the seams were splitting. Not good...not good at all. :( 

I thought I had my stitch length set small enough but apparently that didn't seem to help. The only way I can think of to fix the problem is to just run all of the 1.5" strips through the machine to stay stitch along both long edges.

One good thing though - my block looks great!




2 comments:

Chantal said...

It sure does look great. Looking forward to more. ;^)

Cheryl said...

Sorry about the seams but your block does look great. I have picked out a fabric for the back ground for my postage stamp quilt too. Just do not know when I will start it.

Love sis