Thursday, October 17, 2019

Filling up the Wall


My design wall is filling up with these 36 patch blocks. :) The pattern calls for 80 of these blocks and I am just over half-way there.

I did reduce my stitch length when I sewed the strips into blocks in an attempt to reduce the risk of seams splitting along the edges but as you can see in the photo I am also stay stitching around the edges of the blocks.

Another thing you can see in the close-up photo - I have a lot of hit and misses when it comes to matching the seams. I had been sewing other things in between these blocks and therefore adjusting my seam guide. It would definitely appear that I had forgotten to check more than once to make sure it was in the correct place for these blocks...oops. I didn't bother to rip unless the miss was really egregious but even then quality control let some slip by. ;)


1 comment:

KaHolly said...

Amazing! Not sure I’d have the patience! A few missed corners will never be noticed!