Sunday, September 22, 2019
Her quilt turned out so beautiful! I did my best to get some photographs of it before she took it home with her but it was already getting late in the day so not the best light. Who am I kidding - I am the worst photographer even if the lighting is perfect. :(
It was quilted using Cansew 6268 thread on top and we used a lavender (Tabriz Orchid) Magnaglide in the bobbin. The panto she chose to use was Tickle and it looks gorgeous on this quilt. The batting used was Hobbs 80/20 cotton/poly. Cheryl plans to give this quilt away as a comfort quilt and I think the recipient is going to love it - who wouldn't!!!!
Cheryl has been quilting for a few years now and she has designed and made many beautiful quilts and like most of us she has several flimsies waiting for quilting. I say that she needs to visit more often so that she can get them done. :)
The quilting process started out a bit rough because the machine was having tension problems and I tried everything I could think of to try and fix it. It was a bit frustrating and tiring because it was a very time consuming process but I eventually figured it out, overcame the issues, and we got it done.