|first finished block :)|
|fabric remnants that I used for test triangles|
|oops...these don't fit too well|
|trial and error!|
|these corner triangles will fit much better|
I used my Easy Angle ruler to cut the triangles and mathematically I think it should have been 6.5" hsts on the corners but the block really wanted something like 6.75" to work with the outer hsts. In the end, I decided to go with 7" hsts and I am happy with the result. You can see that the star is floating within the center of the block and it works for me! We all have small variations when we sew and I think these corner triangles fit my block quite well. I am so glad that I did a test with scrap fabric first so I didn't use up any of the fabric I wanted to use in the quilt.