Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Working on the Mandala

Way back in October I wrote about a small wall hanging that my son Adam and his partner Anna wanted me to make. Anna and I had made a start on it and since then it has been just languishing waiting for me. I can't believe that it has taken me this long to get going on it.

I pulled out the pattern, the templates and the fabrics for this little quilt and was ready to start but I could not find the piece of paper detailing the placement of each fabric. Oh no, I thought I had kept everything together but obviously not. I knew I would not have thrown it away so I started sorting stuff and pretty much cleared off a table but it was not there.

I do have a large bin that I dump keep special items in - you know - like a junk drawer for my sewing room. Okay, let's be honest, I have a few of those junk drawers. ;) Anyway, after digging through it I finally found the paper. Hallelujah!

The first thing I did was to piece the center star. It does not join accurately where it comes together in the center but after a couple tries I decided that it looked good enough!

I have started on the next two rounds and got the shapes traced and cut out. I used a frixion pen to draw around the templates and I did it on the front of the fabrics. I don't think that really matters because the pen will iron off and more importantly the templates are symmetrical.

This is where I left off last night - I think so far so good!


belarmina said...

Ellen me encanta este.
La estrella verde maravillosa

scraphappy said...

What a beautiful pattern. So glad you found the paper with the directions. Sometimes a bit of digging turns up good things. Love the fabric placement.