Monday, November 13, 2017

Busy Days

I want to get going on making some things for Christmas gifts but I feel like I must take care of some sewing housekeeping before I can start more projects.

As usual, there is way too much clutter in my sewing room! So, on Saturday, I spent the day doing quite a bit of scrap cutting and organization - boring!! I didn't get all of it done but I did make a pretty good dent in the pile of fabric scraps sitting on my table. All of those bits and pieces and strips are now at the ready for later use.

Yesterday, I spent some time with this cat quilt. This quilt was pieced by Vangie as a donation for our Guild's outreach program and I did my part by donating the quilting and batting. I quilted it with a panto called Tweet Tweet by Patricia Ritter. I thought it would be fun to have the little birds twittering around the cats. :) It turned out quite cute but as usual it is not the best photo. :(

At 56" x 79" it is quite a bit larger than a toddler quilt so maybe it will go to an adult or a teen. I will return it to Vangie at our December meeting so that she can apply the binding.

I used a light blue thread - Cansew #6317 with a magna glide bobbin in blue and the batting is 80/20 cotton poly.




5 comments:

Deb A said...

Tempting those cats with little birdies! Very cute. I too need to clear a little more in the sewing area....but the rest of the house might get it first. Funny how no one vacuumed or swept while away - overrun with ants by the cat dish. Dealing with that fun today.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting this quilt top together. Happy quilting!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

... And getting it quilted, too!! It's late and I didn't read the entire post before commenting. I'm pretty sure you guessed that, though!!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Vangie's Cat Quilt looks so cute! I think it is great that you did Tweet Tweet.
I just hope that all the birds get away!

Love sis

Browndirtcottage said...

Nice finish! It's w-a-y too cute!