Friday, October 13, 2017

En Provence is Ready for Quilting

I couldn't quite get the whole top into the photo...
I worked on the borders for this quilt top off and on over the past week or so and I finally got them finished and attached on Wednesday evening.  I think it looks really good and I can't wait to see it turned into a finished quilt.

This quilt top came together so quickly that I have surprised myself - I only started it in September and it is already a finished flimsy!

I think the next time I work on a pieced border like this that I will definitely do a line of stay stitching all around every edge - border and quilt top - before I start sewing them together. I did have a little issue with some of the stitching starting to separate so I did do some stay stitching but not until I had most of the borders attached.

This photo is a little dark!
Even with the little bit of frustration from the seams splitting I quite enjoyed making this quilt top and I am very happy with the end result!

The next step is to decide which backing to use and figure out which pantograph and thread that I want to use. Hopefully, the decisions come quickly!!

It has been dull, gray, and rainy the past couple days so not a lot of light coming into the house to take photos but...I did my best. :)

9 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's gorgeous! I love this pattern and your fabric choices!
Makes me want to work on finishing mine!
I know how much piecing is in this mystery quilt, so great job!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

En Provence is lovely. I really like how the beige's tone down the purple.

Love sis

scraphappy said...

Congratulations! Your quilt came together beautifully, and just in time to join in the new mystery. Enjoy making the backing, I vote for whatever you have the most of in your stash that you want to get rid of. Those fabrics are always fun to move out.

belarmina said...

Ellen que maravilloso edredón!! y que rápido fue.
me sorprenden tus acolchados, estoy deseando ver el que decides para este
buen fin de semana

Chantal L. said...

Bravo! You got a wonderful quilt. Love the colors. Enjoy piecing the back. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on getting your En Provence quilt top completed. Mine is stuck at the ONE block stage!!!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

This is gorgeous! One of these years I am going to have to try a Bonnie Hunter mystery. Thanks for the tips on stay stitching the edges. Isn't it wonderful that we seem to learn something new even though it seems we have been quilting forever.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

That is really a stunning finish. I'll look forward to seeing it all quilted up.

KaHolly said...

However did I miss this post? My computer time has been helter skelter these last few weeks. I'm playing catch up this evening and SO glad I am! This is a beauty! Look at all that work, oh, my! So refreshing when so many quilts are so simple these days. You must have really enjoyed working on it to complete it so quickly! Well done!