Thursday, October 12, 2017

Another Quilt for Betty

Betty has given me a few quilt tops to quilt for her and this is the third one of the group. She chose the Popcorn pantograph by Jodi Beamish and I think it looks great. The quilt has such great texture and I think Betty is going to be very happy with it.

I used a So Fine thread #455 for the top with a brown magna glide bobbin. Betty's top is made entirely from batiks and I know that batiks can cause challenges for long arm quilters but I can't say I had any real difficulties with it. I have read that there can be real challenges specifically when a batik is used as a backing but in this case she chose a regular cotton wide back. I did use a 3.5 needle instead of a 4.0 so the finer needle may have helped.

I don't know what this block is called but I really like it. I took a closer look at the construction and from what I can determine it is made with partial seams. I like it so much that I think I have to make my own quilt using this block!

2 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen otro maravilloso edredón
¡me gustan estos tonos!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Betty's quilt is beautiful! I really like her fabric choices and the contrast.

Love sis