Saturday, July 8, 2017

Delightful has a Twin!

Wow....time is just flying by! I have finally finished the second flimsy using leftovers from my 'Delightful' baby quilt that I last posted about. I think it looks good and it will look even better once I do the quilting.

I think I was just a little too casual in my approach of making and then sewing the flying geese into columns. From a distance it may not be as noticeable but my geese don't line up horizontally. I don't really mind too much though. :)

My goal in making this flimsy was to use up as many of the leftover larger pieces of fabric as well as the scrappy bits and pieces from the first quilt. I certainly did achieve that goal but I also needed to add a bit more of some of the fabrics in order to do it.  In particular I needed more of the plain blue fabric because I didn't have enough of the waste triangle corners to make the amount of flying geese needed. Luckily for me I do have ready access to more of this fabric. ;)

I still have these leftover cut off triangles and I plan to stitch them together and add them to some of the remaining fabric hunks and chunks to make the backing. We will see how that turns out....

5 comments:

Ariane said...

This quilt top looks great! You did a great job using up the leftover fabric!!

Chantal L. said...

Both quilts are beautiful. More awesome is the fact that you were able to use the same fabric through out. Kudos to you! I'm not sure which one i like best. Congratulations on the twins! ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE it!!

belarmina said...

Ellen bonito tu edredón,
¡¡me gustan esos colores!!

KaHolly said...

You certainly achieved your goal, and after all that work, came up with another beauty!