Monday, June 26, 2017

'Delightful' Baby Quilt

I have been working on a couple quilts lately and I am totally in love with this one. It is a baby/toddler quilt and it is just delightful!!

I have already quilted it and it is just waiting for me to hand stitch the binding to the back and I can't wait to get going on that finishing touch.

This is what it looked liked on my design wall. Every time I looked at it while in-progress I just couldn't stop smiling. The pattern is from Missouri Star Quilt Co. and it features charm packs but I used yardage instead.

The instructions are to use the stitch and flip method to make the snowballed pinwheels and you could double sew the corners before trimming but I didn't do that. Instead I just cut them off but I used a consistent seam allowance so that all of my cut-off triangles turned out the same size. Of course, I didn't want to waste them so I started a twin to this quilt. ;) My crumb and string bins are so overflowing that I just want to avoid adding to them if at all possible and I can't throw away perfectly good fabric!

Using up the blue stitch and flip triangles
flying geese
It is not an identical twin but I wanted to use up all of the bits and pieces and extra hunks and chunks of leftover fabric. This could be a never-ending project!!!

I hope the twin turns out just as Delightful!



4 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen delicioso y tierno edredón

KaHolly said...

Too sweet!

Debbie Huber said...

I love your colors for this quilt! Great finish and so many flying geese. Not my favorite block. Good for you to use up the scraps! Mine just get put in bags.

Ramona said...

I love your baby quilt! The colors are my favorites and your fabrics are so fresh and cheerful. How fun that you have another couple of quilts in the works from the scraps!