Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Sashing Westering Women

Yesterday was a fairly productive day in my sewing room. I managed to get my Ugly Christmas Sweater quilt ready for hand stitching the binding and I worked on my Westering Women quilt as well.

I took a photo of some of the blocks on the design wall with the sashing laid out around them. I think it is going to work just fine. When I design a quilt layout I am never really sure how it is going to look when my ideas are actually put into action. Happily, so far so good!

This is a very simple sashing treatment that will help to get my quilt blocks turned into a quilt with a finished size that will work better for me.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I really like that sashing. It frames the blocks beautifully.

Cathy said...

I like that sashing too! It really compliments the blocks.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

The sashing is perfect! It is going to look beautiful!

Love sis

KaHolly said...

Keep it simple! That's my motto! And in this case, it is perfect! Nicely done! XO