Saturday, March 4, 2017

Ready for Quilting :)


After trying out a few different options, I made my decision and got right into finishing the borders for this quilt top. It really didn't take me too long to make and finish the piano key border because with all of my testing I had most of it done prior to making my final decision. I am so happy that I decided on the inner border with alternating background and scrappy squares. I think they are the perfect transition from the quilt top to the outer border and I love the end result.

first border
My original goal was to have this quilt top finished and ready for quilting by the end of January. I did get the top done according to the Ugly Christmas Sweater QAL hosted by Lorna of Sew Fresh Quilts and I could have left it at that and called it 'quilt top finished and goal achieved' but this quilt wanted more. I needed time to think about what I, or should I say, the quilt wanted for borders. I am so glad that I didn't just rush to get it done and instead took the time to figure out what I wanted to do. Thank you to Lorna for hosting such a fun QAL.

4 comments:

Deb A said...

Great solution! Love how this came out.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Well I must say listening to yourself and going for what you decided was definitely the right decision. I just love how this Ugly Sweater quilt top turned out. This is the most beautiful Fugly Ugly Sweater quilt top I have seen it is meant to be loved. Love Love Love!

Sis

Cathy said...

Oh Ellen, it’s gorgeous! You were so right in what you chose to do.

KaHolly said...

Wow! It looks great!