Thursday, March 23, 2017

Off the Frame

Weird photo angle but it is the best I can do with the space I have!
No, not one of mine but one for Joy and I think she is going to be very happy with her quilt. I am trying to remember the name of the pattern or design but I can't quite remember what she told me. I do recall that it has something to do with garden.

With the word 'garden' in the name and the florals in the fabric, Joy chose a very pretty panto called Hollyhocks for her quilting design and a pale green thread.  I finished quilting it yesterday and just this morning trimmed it and tucked in the threads. I love a quilt made from simple blocks and with this quilting design it just looks wonderful!

beautiful texture
Joy used a wide backing from Northcott's Stonehenge collection and I think she is going to use it for the binding as well. So pretty!


4 comments:

Chantal L. said...

Very well done Joy. I love it. Beautiful quilting too. Thank you Ellen for sharing. I'm happy I got the chance to see this one. ;^)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I think Joy's quilt turned out just beautiful, the simple block is lovely. I love the Holly Hocks quilting pattern and I hope to use the same one, on one of my quilts.

Love sis

Quilter Kathy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

belarmina said...

Ellen me encanta !!
los bloques simples siempre son bonitos
buen fin de semana