Monday, March 27, 2017

Hankering for a Finish...


I have been putting in a lot of time over the past few months to get some quilts to the finish line. I have got my Ugly Christmas Sweater quilt and my Blue Cheese quilt tops to the ready-for-quilting stage and a couple others almost to the flimsy stage. After all that work I am feeling the need to see at least one completely finished!

I decided that my Ugly Christmas Sweater quilt would be the one. I already had the backing chosen so I just needed to choose a thread colour. As you can see, I chose a pretty green that I think works with the front as well as the back. I love the backing fabric - it is actually leaves but if you use your imagination you can turn those leaves into Christmas lights. :0

The quilt was loaded onto the frame earlier today but I only just got to quilting it this afternoon. I have two rows done and I just need to do about six more....

No comments: