Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Another One to Work On

design plan - not necessarily same fabrics as shown
Now that I have my Blue Cheese and Ugly Christmas Sweater quilt tops put together and ready for quilting, I have picked up another in-progress quilt to work on while I think about the layout for my Westering Women quilt.

I thought that I had blogged about this quilt before but maybe not. I don't have a name for this quilt yet but I keep thinking something like Starflower (which I am leaning to) or Sunflower or something to that nature. I designed and started working on this quilt last September. I had cut out most of the pieces in anticipation of working on it while I was away on quilt retreat at Killbear Provincial Park.

Since the retreat, I have worked on making the blocks off and on but mostly off since then. ;)  I did take it to my Guild's social sew day in February and all I got done was this messy pile.


Considering the social sew was a full day that is not a lot of progress. I am always too busy socializing instead of sewing! With that pile all tidied up I can see that they are unfinished 'triangle in a square blocks'.

56 shoofly blocks ready and waiting













For the past couple days I have been making the shoofly blocks and now I need to turn my attention to the star blocks. I think I have eight made already and I don't think it will take me too long to finish the rest. After that, this quilt should come together fairly quickly because it has a very simple layout with plain borders. Nothing fancy or complicated here!


7 comments:

Renata Spurná said...

Glory

Chantal L. said...

It might be "nothing fancy or complicated" but it is still a fabulous quilt. Enjoy! ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen maravillosos los dos edredones
deseando ver el nuevo

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to be SEW beautiful!!!

canuckquilter said...

This will be beautiful. It makes me think of summer daisies. It looks so complex, I was surprised to see that it is just two classic units!

Aunt 'Reen said...

This design is stunning!
Your quilt is going to be gorgeous.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your quilt reminds me of a field of daisies!