Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Pizza Box Challenge




Okay...I did it....thank goodness! I was really stumped with this box and I really had no idea what to do. I did some brainstorming with my sister Cheryl and the result is this 'ghost of clothing past' in my closet. You know the clothes I am talking about - the clothes we keep holding onto thinking we just might fit into them someday. ;)

These are all of the blocks in the pizza box including the one I just finished. I hope the next person to make a block for this box has an easier time of coming up with an idea than I did.

Making this block caused me to use something in my sewing room that I have not used in a few years. I uncovered it when I tidied my sewing room and this is the first opportunity that I have had to use it. I did a zig zag around the ghost and I think it turned out okay even without practice. The problem I had is that because I hadn't used the machine for so long I needed the manual to help me navigate and all I could find is the French version. I don't speak or read French but thankfully pictures work in any language!

Tomorrow is my Guild meeting and I have quite a bit of stuff prepared for the actual meeting but I need something to work on at the social sew that takes place beforehand. I think I will work on a Midget Block...gasp! I will do one that requires hand work so I need to get that together tonight and then I am off to bed.

3 comments:

Chantal L. said...

Great idea to include a "ghost of clothing past". Like who doesn't have such a ghost in their closet? Yours is the cutest ghost. ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen es el fantasma mas bonito que he visto !!!
saludos

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Just love it! It turned out fantastic. Ghost of Cloths Past.

Love sis