Friday, February 3, 2017

Pizza Box Challenge



I am so glad that I am finally getting my energy back! I didn't bounce back from the flu as quickly as I had hoped but it seems that I am definitely on my way now.

Wednesday was my Guild meeting day but I just didn't have the energy to attend but I did manage to get my Pizza Box challenge block done. Thankfully, one of the Guild members delivered it to the meeting for me. The theme for this box was 'In My Garden' and I worked on my block off and on all day Monday and I had it finished for Tuesday morning. I am so happy that I was able to get it done and have it delivered because it really would have messed up the exchange for the other participants.

These are the blocks that were already in the box including the one I added. I used Lite Steam-a-Seam 2 and it has a permanent bond so I didn't need to stitch the applique down. Honestly, I just didn't have it in me anyway. I think that the recipient of this box of blocks can stitch it down later if they feel the need.

The rules are that we must use some of the focus fabric, which in this case is the flowery piece, and we must also use some of the background fabric. I followed everyone else's lead and used the background fabric as a frame for my block. I cut my flower blossoms from the pink sections of the focus fabric. I found the hummingbird on-line but I can't for the life of me remember where. It was in an image of a block and I printed it and cut the hummingbird out to use as a template - a big thank you to the creator. I am pretty happy with how it turned out!

5 comments:

Jocelyn Thurston said...

How creative to make a hummingbird like that. Inspired use of the fabric. Hope you continue to feel well and keep up the lovely stitching.

Ariane said...

Your block is super sweet!!

belarmina said...

Ellen me alegra que est├ęs recuperada
¡¡ el bloque es precioso !!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such a beautiful block.
I think the recipient is going to be very happy with it!

Cathy said...

Love the hummingbird!