Wednesday, February 22, 2017

More Blocks = More Fun!

Courthouse Rock, Sage Bud, Chimney Rock
I got three more Westering Women blocks done yesterday. They are called Courthouse Rock, Chimney Rock and Sage Bud.

My Chimney Rock block looks nothing like the block that Barbara Brackman showed on her blog. I used the alternate method to make this block to avoid those crazy seams and I got my dark and light triangles in different positions. It just goes to show that fabric selection and placement can give the same block a whole different look. I think it looks pretty good though!
My photo skills just don't do these blocks justice!
I am so happy with my progress with these blocks. It really does take me a very long to time to make each block. Trying to decide on fabric choices really is time consuming but a lot of fun.

I am so lucky to have so many repro scraps to choose from because I ordered a lot of reproduction scrap bags from here quite a while ago. I see now that they don't seem to offer the reproduction only scraps any longer - too bad. Because my repro collection of fabric is mostly scraps it can be a challenge to find just the right fabric in the right quantity. It is almost like a scavenger hunt and it is so rewarding to find just the right bits and to put them together. I want to use mainly cream/beige, brown, blue and red in these blocks and I am finding that I do have less options when it comes to the blue family, but so far so good!

3 comments:

Chantal L. said...

You did a great job with your WW blocks. I haven't tried to re-do September yet but I see that you nailed it on the first try. Want to come over and give me a hand? :^D Love your Chimney Rock. It does look different but fits very nicely with the others. ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen me encantan tus bloque
saludos

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Really great clocks and perfect fabric choices.