Sunday, January 15, 2017

Ugly Christmas Sweater Blocks

Yesterday I did a marathon sewing session and I got the last blocks finished for the Ugly Christmas Sweater quilt. I think they all turned out great!

The next thing to do is to add the sashing and turn the blocks into a quilt top. Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts designed this quilt and she used a very simple border and it does look good. I have been thinking about my border and I may want to make mine a little more substantial. I have to try out a few options before I make a final decision.

At the beginning of the month I stated that my goal was to get three different quilts that I have underway to the quilt top stage and this will be first of the three. Of course, designing and adding a different border will take more time but I think I would be happier with the result and that is what it is all about.

There are still two weeks left in the month and I seriously don't think I will get all three to the ready-to-quilt stage but I sure will have fun trying!

6 comments:

Chantal L. said...

You had set a very big challenge for your goal this month. I think even if only one gets to the finish line it would be quite an accomplishment. I mean the important thing is having fun quilting and not about stressing the finish. Your blocks are awesome. Congrats on getting them all done. ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen maravillosos tu nuevo edredón!!!
dese ver los bordes que decides poner
buena semana

scraphappy said...

What a fun quilt. So many great blocks worked in there, and they all look great together.

Aunt 'Reen said...

These blocks are truly Awesome!
What a fun (and beautiful) quilt this will be.

Cathy said...

Look at you go!! Woohoo!! Great accomplishment getting all those blocks done!!

Quilter Kathy said...

Well done on sewing all these sweaters!