Monday, January 2, 2017

Pizza Box Challenge


I worked on my Pizza Box challenge block today and I think it turned out pretty cute even though it is a bit plain looking. I was hoping the pleats in the tree would provide enough jazz to make the block look interesting. I really like the pleated tree that I saw here when I was scouring the web looking for ideas that weren't too difficult. Last minute me needs to have it ready for Wednesday morning and I just don't think I will have enough time to work on it tomorrow.

The theme for this month's block is Christmas and there are already three blocks made by other participants in the box and they look so cute. I don't know if I am allowed to post photos of them but I will.

3 comments:

Scrap and quilts said...

Very nice little tree. I checked out the link to see the how-to and it is easier than I first thought. I think you did an excellent job. In the original post, the angle which she took her pictures cast shadows on to the tree, showing more the pleats. I am sure your tree is very jazzy in person and pictures don't do it justice at all. ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen me encanta tu árbol!!!
tomare nota para la próxima navidad
¡¡con tu permiso!!
buen año de costura

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Very very cute and easy too! I really like the idea of the pleats. Definitely an idea to keep in mind for a quilt containing trees. Love it so much I may just try this one too.

Love sis