Thursday, January 5, 2017

Oops!

Every so often you see blog posts about very old quilts where the maker made a mistake and either didn't realize it or just carried on with the quilt regardless. Well, I just realized that I had one of my own!.

This is my quilt that I called Sapphire Bay and I finished it in February 2012. It is the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt that she called Orca Bay.
This mistake has stayed well disguised for 5 years!
I was just standing in my family room and I was aimlessly watching something that caught my attention on the TV when I just happened to glance at this quilt hanging over the quilt rack. I had to take a second look to make sure I was seeing what was in front of my eyes.

This is the photo I took and posted when I finished the quilt. I didn't notice then but now I can see where I went awry with my piecing. :) Can you see it? It's on the left hand side second row.

Hee hee - this quilt gets used constantly on the couch in the family room and this is the first time I've noticed. Maybe it just wasn't obvious because the pattern is quite busy. I wonder if there are any other oopsies lurking just waiting to be discovered.

I now am the proud owner of one of 'those' quilts!

6 comments:

Chantal L. said...

Regardless, Ellen, it is still an amazing quilt. I think Orca Bay is my favourite from Bonnie's Mystery Quilts. Love your rendition. ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen tu edredón es fantástico
¡¡¡ tiene su personalidad definida!!!
saludos

The Joyful Quilter said...

Even knowing what I was looking for, I had to follow your "directions" to find the twisted star point!!! (It took a VERY close look AND two tries!)

scraphappy said...

That is so funny! If anyone asks, you can of course claim that it was on purpose. Now it will always give you a reason to grin when you snuggle under that quilt.

Deb A said...

Too funny! I never would have noticed it.

Aunt 'Reen said...

Such an AMAZING quilt Ellen!
I think perhaps you may be the only person to ever notice that boo boo block.