Monday, January 9, 2017

Finally I did it!

I got my sewing room cleared up enough that I have room on my cutting tables, my sewing tables and my ironing space.

Whew...it was a big job and I am still not finished but it is good enough to be able to get some sewing done. If I keep at it a bit at a time I just may end up with a room that is perfectly tidy - but that's not really gonna happen. I will be happy if I can keep things under control. :)

So after all of that work I did make four little blocks. These are center sections for my Ugly Christmas Sweater quilt that Lorna from Sew Fresh Quilts did as a quilt-along. Of course, I got lost along the way and the quilt along finished without me but I have picked it up again.

10 completed blocks
The first block in the photo, Economy Patch, turned out 1/4" too small. Not sure how that happened and I don't know what I will do about it yet.

I already had 10 sweater blocks completed and I need 10 more for a 4 x 5 layout. I figured I would get all of the needed centers done and then I can just assembly line sew them all into the completed sweater blocks. My goal is to finish the other six center blocks tomorrow. We are expecting a lot of snow tomorrow so, at this point, I don't have any other commitments other than going on the treadmill so I just may get them done. :)

4 comments:

Chantal L. said...

Happy to hear you can now enjoy your sewing room again. Lovely blocks you made. When I get a block that somehow is a touch smaller, I sew it again at 3/8 instead of 1/4 seams. Good luck. ;^)

The Joyful Quilter said...

The QAL got you started. There's no law that says you have to finish with it. The important part is that you finish... eventually!!

Deb A said...

A snowed in sewing day sounds like fun! Enjoy.

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I just love your little ugly sweater blocks. It is going to be an adorable quilt. Looking forward to seeing all your blocks.

Love sis