Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Blue Cheese

I think I have all of the blocks made for Blue Cheese and I have started making and adding the border sections to the outer blocks before joining everything together. This is what Blue Cheese looked like last Tuesday evening and I was feeling quite pleased with my progress. I figured I would have the top completed within a couple days.

However....I was feeling a bit scratchy in my throat and I was starting to cough and I had no idea that I was going to be out of commission for a week. I have spent pretty much the whole week in bed with the flu.

You know, I was contemplating getting the flu shot this year and my husband was quite insistent that I get it because the flu was supposed to be really bad this year but I decided not to. Right now I really regret that decision and I will get the shot next year. I have lost a whole week of my life and I am still not fully recovered.  Yesterday and today I am up and about the house trying to get my energy back but I am still not back to full strength. Thankfully, I am not working so I do have time to recover and get back into the swing of things in my own time.

Thankfully, piecing quilts is not a strenuous activity so I hope to be back showing some more progress on Blue Cheese and maybe even the finished top over the next few days.


2 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Your blocks are SO beautiful!
I'm sorry to hear you have been down with the Flu.
I hope you are beginning to feel much better now.

Deb A said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear the flu knocked you out. Take it easy and you'll get that quilt finished when it is ready.