Saturday, December 17, 2016

It is Deja Vu all Over Again!


My husband rolling the dough - I do the stuffing...and pinching!
Today was perogi making day and the evidence was everywhere! My husband and I made 5 and half cookie baking trays full and now that we are done we are very happy! I woke up really early this morning and I couldn't go back to sleep to so I got up at 4 am and started peeling potatoes and onions in preparation. I had everything boiled, mashed and fried ready and waiting in anticipation of this very important day. Later in the morning, as we were making these lovely little dumplings my husband wanted to know why I cooked up so much potato and my pinching fingers were wondering the same thing. :0

We make perogi every Christmas and we will be serving them for Christmas Eve dinner and you know that our guests will be going home with leftovers but I also kept some fresh for our dinner tonight. I mean....who could resist!

In other not so good news my long arm is still not feeling well. It seems like I have been on the phone with APQS for weeks trying different things but I think I need some more replacement parts. I have a technician coming to see my machine on Tuesday and I am hoping he can fix it right away but he may have to take it away to do the repairs. He lives just north of me in Collingwood so there is some good news in that I won't have to send it to the states to be looked over.

Not too happy but there really isn't anything I can do about it other than fix it. The funny thing is that I have been buying rulers and other extras because I was feeling like the time was right for me to start exploring and playing with the machine more but I guess that will have to wait.


1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Mmmmm! Looks delicious and I know how tasty your little perogies are. Great job getting ready for Christmas.

Love sis