Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Getting Things Done

I got up at 5:30 this morning and I finished off my Little Tommy Tucker block for the Pizza Box Challenge. I was going for a 'spotlight shining on Tommy look' and I am not too sure I achieved it but it is done. Music is definitely filling the air!

It has been very busy around here....I got the parts for my long arm and they are installed. I tried to replace the hook assembly and time the machine by myself with my husband looking on to make sure I was on the right track. It didn't work though....I got it all done but when we tested it I had installed the hook assembly incorrectly. I had started off okay but somehow something moved out of position as I was trying to fasten it to the machine. Anyway, just as my husband predicted it did take twice as long for me to attempt it .....grrrrrr. It was a learning experience and now I do know how to do it myself should I ever need to.  I just have to do some testing to make sure it is all good and then everything should be running smoothly again! :)

I am off to my Guild social sew and potluck lunch today. My contribution to the pot luck is a very easy but tasty marinated vegetable salad that I made last night.



6 comments:

Scrap and quilts said...

Cute Little Tommy. Love the fabric used for the book. It makes Tommy's block even more charming. Mmm that salad looks fantastic. Do you share recipes? ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen tu pequeño músico es fantástico
la ensalada en España decimos ¡¡que pinta tan buena!!
saludos

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Your salad looks yummy but little Tommy Tucker takes the cake. He is so adorable. Great Job Ellen!

Love sis

Deb A said...

Tommy came out great! Have a good time at your guild today.

Ariane said...

Super cute block!! The salad looks delicious!!

KaHolly said...

Little Tommy Tucker came out great! Glad you got your long arm put back together. Let the fun begin!