Thursday, November 17, 2016

Happy Times


Yesterday, my quilty sister Cheryl came over for a visit and we worked on quilting this fun child's quilt. She had brought the quilt top here quite some time ago for us to work on but we had run out of time and had set it aside. Well, it finally got its turn and it turned out adorable. She quilted it with a navy thread and the Shooting Stars panto. She couldn't wait to get it home so that she could get the binding on and have it ready to be used - big smiles all over her face!

Cheryl has been adding little bits of applique to her quilts and they just look so good. She has a stack of simple applique shapes sitting by her sewing machine and whenever she has time she just does a bit of stitching and, voila, she has more applique blocks ready and waiting for her next quilt. I think I just may have to follow her lead and make some quilts that incorporate some easy applique as well.
yellows and fuscia
lavenders








greens



purples










While she was here we also tore through my sewing room searching for and digging out fabric for the next Bonnie Hunter mystery - En Provence. I think I have plenty of options for all of her colour selections except for the greens Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of green fabrics but she is specifically calling for grassy/avocado shades and I appear to be a bit lacking in those. I have added some iffier shades of green that I don't think are too obviously out of whack with the recommended shades and maybe they just may blend in if all of the greens are dispersed throughout the quilt. The quilt also requires plenty of neutrals and that is no problem!!

6 comments:

Scrap and quilts said...

Quite a fun and cute quilt your sister made. I like it a lot. ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen tu hermana hizo una bonita colcha
sus colores son alegres
y los aviones divertidos
tus verdes me encantan
verde es siempre mi color favorito
saludos

Edith said...

Cute little quilt, and I just love the colours you've pulled for your En Provence quilt.

Deb A said...

What an adorable quilt. Your fabric selection has me itching to join in but I have wY too many things open right now. I'll just live through your quilt! So glad you and your sis still get together to quilt. How is the seven sisters quilt coming along?

The Joyful Quilter said...

As long as the greens work with the rest of your fabrics, the shade doesn't really need to match Bonnie's recommendation. After all, her color cards are only what SHE used... not what the rest of us HAVE to use.

KaHolly said...

What fun to have a quilty sister, and a clever one, to boot! XO