Saturday, November 26, 2016

Blue Cheese Looks Delicious!

blocks on design floor
I have made some really good progress with this quilt and I love what I see so far! I have all of the blocks made but I still need to do a bit more piecing. There is a very narrow pieced border that is missing and it needs to be added to each of the outer blocks individually before they all get sewn together. I hope to get it done over the next couple days.

I was trying to not get distracted by En Provence although I was tempted. I have already pulled some 2" neutral strips from their bin and I have pulled quite a few neutrals from my fabric cupboards as well. I pressed the fabrics in anticipation of cutting them into strips of 1.5", 2", 2.5" and 3.5" but then I stopped myself because I really don't know what sizes will be needed for the mystery quilt. I have the fabrics laying over the back of a chair and I really would like to get them into the bins and out of the way but it would be my luck that other strip sizes would be needed. So, I will cut some 2" strips from them for now and then and leave the rest for later. I do hope to have all of the required 4 patches finished before the next clue is released.

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Those blocks look like they will make a beautiful quilt. Good luck resisting the pull of the BH Mystery!! I tried... and failed.

Ariane said...

This quilt is looking amazing so far! Can't wait to see your progress with it. I made 30 4-patch blocks for En Provence so far. I wasn't going to join. I don't need another project to work on. But I couldn't help myself.

canuckquilter said...

It looks beautiful. I like borders that get added to outer blocks individually. I really hate pinning long borders! I'm curious to see the pieced border! Good luck with En Provence. I love watching Bonnie's mysteries take shape, though I haven't found time to join in so far. Maybe next year...this year I'll cheer from the sidelines again.

Scrap and quilts said...

You made excellent progress on this one. Kudos to you! It is lovely so far. Can't wait to see the borders added. Enjoy En Provence! ;^)

belarmina said...

Ellen es fantástico !!!
tu nuevo edred├│n me encanta
buen domingo

KaHolly said...

Oh, my, just look at all that work! It's going to be a real stunner when it's completed! Well done! XO