Wednesday, November 9, 2016

A New Quilt

I actually started this quilt in September when I went away on my first quilt retreat. I had a blast while on retreat but it was a lot of work to get all of my stuff ready to take with me. :) This is one of two quilts that I started while I was away.

I had seen a photo of this quilt in a Quilt Sampler Shop Hop magazine where they were featuring a Canadian shop called Quilt Junction. They had named this quilt 'Better with Cheddar' and I was immediately attracted to it and decided that it would be one of the projects that came on retreat with me. The magazine came to me as a hand-me-down and wouldn't you know it....one of the most crucial pages was missing. Happily, I was able to figure out the fabric quantities and strip sizes, etc, that I needed to make the blocks. I cut most of the strips, squares and triangles before I left so I didn't have to do a lot of cutting while on retreat and I spent lots of time just pushing fabric through the machine. So relaxing!

You would think that with all of that sewing I would have stacks of finished blocks but I focused my sewing on making lots of assembly line sub-units instead of focusing on finishing each individual block. I just need to start putting the pieces together to build some more blocks!

6 comments:

Deb A said...

Beautiful! Sounds like you have all the hard work done. The blocks will go together quickly with all that prep work done.

Scrap and quilts said...

Lovely design. I love your blocks so far. It will all come together pretty fast now that all the little elements are assembled. Enjoy! ;^)

Ariane said...

This looks great!! I love the colours and design!!

belarmina said...

Ellen que bonito
has trabajado mucho me gusta ese toque amarillo
saludos

Aunt 'Reen said...

This is going to be a beautiful quilt!
Just love your color choices and block & quilt design

Quilter Kathy said...

I saw this hanging at Quilt Junction... it's a lovely quilt!