Sunday, November 13, 2016

A Good Day!


I am trying to make some healthy changes in my life and to be more active and as part of that I have started going to Tai Chi. I went to my second class today and I must say that I really haven't a clue!

I have decided that on days that the weather is decent that I will walk - so - today I walked 1.5 miles to get there, spent 2 hours learning and then I took a longer route home that was just over 2 miles. I was beat by the time I got home but not as done in as I was on Friday. I took the 1.5 mile route both ways on Friday and there is quite a steep hill coming home and it darn near killed me to get up it. There is a cemetery adjacent to the hill and I thought that I should just go there and lie down and save everyone the trouble! ;)  I made it but, oh my, I am not ready for that hill yet. I took the longer route home this time and even though it is also uphill it has a longer and slower rise in elevation. No problem!

I puttered around for a bit and then I loaded a quilt for Joy and got it finished. It is quilted with a panto called Deb's Swirls and I used a gold thread. Joy used a flannel for the backing and it turned out great - nice and soft and snuggly. I think she is going to love it! Now that I have that done I think that I will head to my sewing room for an hour or so and work on my latest quilt. I have added a few more blocks to my design wall but I still have quite a few to go.

2 comments:

Scrap and quilts said...

Nice plaid quilt you had to work on. The swirls look real good with the 9 patch. I would have been really realllllly sad if you had stayed in the cemetery. :^(( Glad to hear you made it home. :^D I bought a dvd of the first lessons of Thai Chi last year I believe. I have yet to remove the plastic wrap from it, lol! ;^)

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Joy's quilt is beautiful and really soft as I had the chance to pet it a little. I love the Deb Swirl quilting pattern. I love your blog Ellen you are just toooo funnnny!

Love sis