Thursday, August 4, 2016

Pinwheel Quilt


Another quilt is heading toward the finish line! I just took this beauty off of the frame and I am in love. It is not a complicated design but - wow - the quilting just makes it sing. I don't have a lot of room to take photos at this time so I am trying to make do. This is a fairly large quilt - around 76" x 86" if I recall correctly.

lots of sunshine streaming in the room
I quilted it using a pantograph called Deb's Swirls and honestly it doesn't look like much on the paper but it is a really wonderful quilting design once it gets on a quilt. :)

I specifically used a batting made from 80% cotton and 20% wool because I want to test to see how much it shrinks once it is washed and dried in the dryer. I will make sure I take very accurate measurements both before and after the process. I prewashed all of the fabrics used in this quilt including the backing. It will be interesting to see how it all turns out but in the meantime I need to trim this baby and make the binding and get it attached first.

7 comments:

belarmina said...

Ellen,
¡¡¡deliciosa!!!
me gusta
buen fin de semana

Scrap and quilts said...

I love the panto you used. It makes the pinwheels spin faster it seems. So cute. Great work Ellen! ;^)

Ariane said...

It's gorgeous!! I love it!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Congratulations on another GORGEOUS finish!
I am in love with this Pinwheel quilt of yours.

Deb A said...

Wow - the quilting makes this one a stunner... it was very pretty before but wow!

Marjorie McDonald said...

I agree with Scrap and Quilt. This neat panto makes the pinwheels look as if they are spinning, and the flying geese border is just the icing on the cake. Love it.
Awesome quilt. Marjie

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

I love pinwheels! Your quilt looks so beautiful and the quilting pattern is "Gorgeous."

Love sis