Saturday, August 13, 2016

All Caught Up....

April, May and June blocks
at least with my blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge Column quilt. I am not too sure what is happening because nothing on either of my design walls looks cohesive at all. The good news is that I have cleared out lots of scrappy bits. Time will tell what will happen with all of these blocks.

While working on the blocks over the past few days, I have been inspired to do some more clean up in my sewing room....plus my quilty sister Cheryl is coming for a visit on Tuesday. Nothing like having a visitor to spur on some clean up action. :)

Normally when she comes to visit I always say I am so sorry for the mess and she always says it is not really messy at all - she is very kind and can really overlook a lot of transgressions. But, during the last visit she said that my sewing room was beyond out of control - it was so bad that she really couldn't say much else. Not a clear spot in the room :()

I work today and tomorrow and Monday is booked because someone is having a birthday. ;) My goal is to get at least one cutting table as well as my ironing table cleared of scraps with everything put away and not just dumped into another pile. I don't think I will get much more than that done but I will try.

I have way too many scrappy bits hanging around waiting to be trimmed, organized and put away in bins or, dare I say, made into quilts.  I really need and want to make quilts!

I am linking up over at soscrappy's for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Pop on over and have a look at all of the wonderful creations made with scraps. You just might get inspired to dig into your scraps too!

13 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Lots going on here and it sounds like you'll have the cleanup to prove it ; enjoy her visit! :)

Kat Scribner said...

You have a huge design wall. I agree, not sure how my column sampler is going together. I already sewed into rows, so it needs some serious separating. LOL

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love all your sampler blocks! You have a rainbow going for sure! Good luck with cleaning up for company, too. My mom is coming for a visit on Wednesday, so I am on the same path these next few days!

Pamela Arbour said...

You have a good variety in your column blocks. They should really look when they are put together.

belarmina said...

Ellen todos tus bloques son muy bonitos!!
deseo ver este edredón
buen fin de semana

PaulaB quilts said...

You have a good collection of blocks and I'm sure they will come together very well. Good luck with the housecleaning in your sewing room. There needs to be a different standard for quilting clean versus regular clean.

Scrap and quilts said...

Congrats on catching up. Sorry about the mess. My sewing room is the same at the moment; can barely walk around. Too many projects out at once. Good luck with the cleaning and the birthday party. It will be all worth it when your sis gets there and you have a good time together. Enjoy! ;^)

katie z. said...

You can do it! Tidying up, while tedious, is always so refreshing to me. I suppose it helps I share my sewing space with the play room, so I can't let it gets too crazy before it's dangerous for the babies.

gayle said...

Oh, I just had to clean up my sewing room because of company, and now I can't find ANYTHING. Whole projects have disappeared, since I put them in a 'logical' place...
Your blocks look perfect!

Peggyinno said...

Lots of great blocks! Good luck with the cleaning!

Sally T said...

It's so inspiring to see your collection of blocks for the RSC. And no need to be hard on yourself about the sewing room...there are plenty of immaculate studios with no work in progress. It's definitely a balancing act!

Cheryl said...

Hi Ellen

Sorry replying late: HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a great day!

Love sis

Deb A said...

I believe Happy Anniversary is in order! Hope you both do something special to celebrate.