Saturday, July 16, 2016

So Much Fun!!!



Oh my goodness, I had a blast making this little quilt! As a matter of fact, as I was quilting it I was just belting out some ridiculous lyrics...all made up of course. ;)

I took the last stitches in the binding last night at around 10:30 pm and that was way ahead of my morning deadline. lol

I have decided to name this quilt Exuberance because every time I look at this quilt I smile and feel a sense of joy. I know that sounds weird but that is how I feel. I think it has a lot to do with the bright colours and the fun but simple design as well as the exhilaration of needing to get it finished so quickly. This is just the prescription that the quilting doctor ordered and that I need to follow. Quick, easy, fun and colourful are just what I need when I feel bogged down by so many long term quilting projects. I think I need to make more of these!!!

Exuberance finished at 51" square and is quilted with yellow thread. The pantograph pattern that I used to quilt it is called Popcorn.

I don't know what colour the child's nursery is nor do I know the sex of the child but I do think the Mom-to-be will love this quilt. More importantly I think the child, whether a boy or girl, will love it and will be able to use it and enjoy it for many years to come.

5 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray! for a non-baby baby quilt. The size and color is just right to make your gift give comfort for many years. Nice work!!

Scrap and quilts said...

Congratulations! Such a sweet finish. I love the fabric for the border and backing. Yes, the baby will love this quilt. It is so cheerful and colourful. What's not to love? ;^)

Deb A said...

You did it! With time to spare. Great job and I agree, baby and Mom will LOVE this little quilt. Glad it got the mojo back... sometimes a quick little bright finish is just the thing to get the creative juices flowing again.

KaHolly said...

It's perfect! Kind of chunky churn dashes all bright and beautiful!

KaHolly said...

Not chunky churn dashes, monkey wrenches! Silly me! Good job getting it finished in time!